Traverse Program - Chilliwack
Auxiliary (Flexible Hours are required) (Grid 7)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
The auxiliary cook works a variety of shifts to cover regularly scheduled staff. The auxiliary cook works within a large multi-disciplinary team that provides treatment for substance use for youth (13-18) in a residential setting. The team works within the strategic objectives of the Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) to ensure the provision of effective and efficient services to our participants. As a member of the team, and under the direction of the lead cook, the auxiliary cook prepares assigned food items such as specialized diet items for specific clientele and maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Assists in the planning of menus and recipes
- Prepares and serves meals and snacks
- Maintains kitchen security by performing duties such as ensuring all knives are kept under lock and key except those in current use
- Performs a variety of cleaning duties throughout shift such as cleaning equipment, food prep, sweeping and mopping floors
- Maintains equipment in the area by performing duties such as monitoring of functioning and reporting malfunctioning equipment
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and staff, and participate in team efforts
- Other related duties as required
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Minimum of Grade 12 education, Graduation from a recognized 12 month or more program in cooking plus two (2) years of recent related experience with institutions or large organizations or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- Current Food Safe Certificate Level II.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Suitable to work with youth experiencing multiple challenges
- Experience working in a residential setting.
- Experience creating and working within a culturally inclusive environment for staff, partners, and participants.
- Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector
- Tuberculosis and medical clearance
- Current Standard First Aid certificate
- Current Food Safe Certificate - Level II
- Demonstrated physical/mental ability to carry out the duties of the position
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Lead Cook, Traverse Program
Salary Range: $20.62/hour – $23.41/hour, plus 10.2% in lieu of benefits
Closing Date: Open until filled
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”