Repair & Maintenance Technician
Repair and Maintenance Technician
Grid ($27.46 - $31.24/hour)
Closing Date: Open until filled
Supervisor: Bruce Ratcliffe, Facilities Coordinator
Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and visible minorities.
The auxiliary Repair and Maintenance Technician provides a variety of site duties to ensure our spaces are safe, welcoming and comfortable to our staff and participants. Our ideal candidate has a passion for supporting vulnerable young people in our community. It is important to be self-motivated as a significant portion of this role you will be working alone. As you are part of a larger team, it is also important that you are a team player who gains satisfaction when working with others to achieve team goals. The successful candidate will have the ability to work in an atmosphere of respect and sensitivity.
• Perform regular preventative maintenance duties for PCRS sites in the lower mainland.
• Proven experience in painting, drywall repair and general maintenance tasks.
• Experience with minor plumbing and electrical work or willingness to learn.
• Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
• Ability to perform physical tasks including lifting and bending.
• Well organized with excellent communication/listening skills both written and verbal.
• Strong problem-solving abilities and the capacity to work independently or as part of a team.
• Excellent problem solving, time management, forecasting timelines, working independently.
• Must be comfortable with and have experienced working alone.
• Literate in Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint.
• Previous trades experience or certification would be preferred.
• A combination of education, training and hands-opn experience may be considered.
• Criminal Record Check, including the vulnerable sector
• Driver’s license and abstract
• A background in not-for-profit sector is also an asset.
Who We Are
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is a large not-for-profit agency that serves the some of the most vulnerable people in our communities from Vancouver to Hope. We work with youth and vulnerable adults in the areas of education, employment, housing, substance use and mental health, and youth and family support services. We are CARF Accredited and a Certified Living Wage Employer.
Our Vision - Everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities!
Our Mission - To inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration.
Our Values - Advocacy, Diversity and Inclusion, Empowerment, Service Excellence, Stewardship, Well-being
We are grateful to operate on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷm əθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh), Qw'?ntl'en (Kwantlen), se’mya’me (Semiahmoo), sc̓əwaθən məsteyəxʷ (Tsawwassen), q̓ic̓əy (Katzie), kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Coquitlam), qiqéyt (Qayqayt), máthxwi (Matsqui) and Stó:lō Nations.
• Equitable Base Pay
• Generous paid vacation time, personal time, sick time; additional paid time off for life events
• Additional paid holidays, ex. Easter Monday, Boxing Day *
• Extended health, prescription, dental & vision care plan, with 100% Employer-Paid Premiums*
• Disability and Life Insurance Coverage *
• Employee & Family Assistance Program including preventative health & counselling *
• Membership in the Municipal Pension Plan with generous employer contributions *
• Flexible schedules and earned time off program *
• Full-day agency orientation and extensive training, with regular ongoing performance evaluations
• In-house digital and classroom learning opportunities; staff funding for professional development *
• Opportunities to use your voice & participate in committees on policy, wellness, safety, EDI, etc.
* Eligibility will vary depending on terms and role requirements – details for this posting will be provided on request.
Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our HR department at. Personal information will be kept confidential.