Youth Support Worker – Overnight Awake
Traverse Program - Chilliwack
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Flexible Hours may be required) (Grid 13)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
The YSW overnight awake person works as part of a large multi-disciplinary team that provides treatment for substance use for youth (13-18) in a residential setting. The team works within the strategic objectives of the Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) to ensure the provision of effective and efficient services to our participants. As a member of the treatment team, the YSW will utilize trauma-informed practice to assist the day treatment program as needed to provide basic care, case planning and support. The overnight awake support worker will work shifts from late evening until early morning. Flexibility in availability will be a requirement of this position.
- Provide basic care and nurturing, set reasonable expectations and limits to support the achievement of identified goals for participants.
- Support individual treatment plans through trauma-informed practice.
- Ensure the safety of participants by monitoring security cameras, hallways and overall site.
- Submit evening logs.
- Light dorm and building cleaning (list provided by supervisor).
- Administrative filing, reports and statistics as assigned.
- Collaborate with the team to facilitate the management of cases; coordinate care using a supportive case management approach within the principles of harm reduction.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and staff, and participate in team efforts.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated discipline plus one years’ direct experience or Child and Youth Care Diploma, Child and Youth Justice Diploma, Community Social Services Diploma plus two years’ experience.
- A sound understanding is required regarding the impact of trauma, both normal and delayed or problematic development behaviours and barriers, impulsivity, attachment issues, FASD, ADHD, the effects of abuse and how this relates to substance abuse.
- Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector
- Tuberculosis and medical clearance
- Current standard first aid certificate
- Class 5 Driver’s license with business use insurance
- Use of own vehicle required (Mileage is paid)
- Driver’s abstract
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Youth Support Worker Team Lead, Traverse Program
Salary Range: $24.01/hour – $27.33/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer paid)
Closing Date: July 10, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”