Community Engagement Specialist -WorkBC
Employment Services – Vancouver/Midtown
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Grid 13)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
PCRS is seeking an engaging and dynamic Community Engagement Specialist to develop and implement strategies to raise awareness of the services of the WorkBC program. This role cultivates and maintains positive relationships with service and partner organizations, local employers, government agencies and other stakeholders through integrated marketing and promotional campaigns, both online and in-person. Coupling an educational and work experience background in marketing or public relations with a desire to help people find sustainable employment, this position allows for creative solutions to marketing challenges.
In addition to using face to face, direct mail, presentations to groups, website and social media to market services to recruit potential new participants, the Community Engagement Specialist will plan, coordinate and execute special events at the WorkBC Centre or in the community. Professional level of communication and conduct is essential as the Community Engagement Specialist works in the community representing PCRS and WorkBC.
This position requires working some evenings and weekends based on operational need.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Certification / Degree and experience in marketing, digital media, public relations, job development or related field.
- Experience with graphic design software, website content management systems and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of marketing and promotional techniques, content generation, and PR.
- Event planning and coordination.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
- Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector.
- MS Office and overall computer proficiency including data administration utilizing complex data bases.
- Experience working with a diverse population.
- Involvement with Not-for-profit and/or contracts.
- Driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract and business insurance.
- Familiarity with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and/or Graphic Design
- Knowledge of Hootsuite and Mailchimp
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Manager, Employment Services
Salary Range: $24.01/hour – $27.33/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer paid)
Closing Date: July 3, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”