Manager of Youth and Community Employment
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Grid 50)
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is a large not-for-profit agency that serves some of the most vulnerable people in our communities from Vancouver to Hope. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities. Our strong agency values of advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being guide us in our work with participants and how we support our diverse staff. We place a high value on work-life balance. This is demonstrated through our compensation and comprehensive/fully employer-paid benefits package, including extended health and dental, sick leave, Municipal Pension, and flexible work options for many positions. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program, including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who care for the people we serve.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, Employment Services, this regular full-time position manages community-based employment programs across the Lower Mainland.This experienced employment services professional has a strong ability to provide vision and leadership for staff, build collaborative relationships with community partners and create new programs that help people gain life and employment skills, ultimately achieving meaningful employment.
This manager will lead multiple teams of staff working in various communities and with a range of participants. They will provide supervision and support to staff in community employment programs, including Baristas, This Way Onward, Job Options and Green Energy Installers. As a member of the PCRS leadership team, the manager will foster and influence the agency's relationships with funders and maintains broad external contacts. A significant component of the role will involve seeking new employment programming opportunities for the agency, including securing funding to sustain these offerings and partnership development to ensure effective delivery.
This position requires experience and skills in the following areas: employment services, community and youth development; networking with government and community services; grant/RFP writing; personnel management; managing competing interests; financial management; ability to work with at-risk, marginalized people, advisory groups and diverse populations.
The participants in PCRS programs come from a wide variety of backgrounds, orientations, and ethnicities. PCRS believes that our staff should reflect this variety and can be authentically sensitive to unique needs. We are especially seeking applicants from under-represented groups such as Indigenous, people of colour, multilingual, people with lived experience, trans and gender diverse.
Key Areas of Accountability:
The Manager of Youth and Community Employment has six key areas of responsibility that are considered critical to the success of the mission of the organization.
1. Operational Leadership
2. Program Development
3. Public Relations and Program Marketing
4. Relationship with Key Stakeholders
5. Program Administration
6. Team Building and Support
Academic and Job Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, combined with at least two (2) years of experience in a management position responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating operational programming related to employment services. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
• Criminal Records Check, including the vulnerable sector.
• Current Standard First Aid certificate.
• Class 5 Driver's License with Business Use Insurance.
• Use of own vehicle required—paid mileage.
• Driver's Abstract.
• Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid 19.
• Demonstrated experience in employment services management, staff leadership and supervision, fiscal management and budgeting.
• Experience working with vulnerable populations, including at-risk youth ages 16-24 and understanding their unique needs.
• Experience creating and working within a culturally inclusive environment for staff, partners and participants.
• Thorough knowledge of relevant government legislation related to employment services in BC.
• Ability to lead staff team to achieve outcomes for participants and funders.
• Effective team building and mentoring skills.
• Strong verbal, interpersonal, presentation, and written communication skills are essential.
• Excellent time management skills; ability to balance multiple, often conflicting priorities.
• Ability to be a self-starter and think creatively to seek out new business opportunities based on community needs.
• Calum Scott, Director of Operations – Employment Services
Salary Range: $46.15/hour – $48.15/hour, plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: August 9, 2022, at 4:30 pm
The offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal information will be kept confidential."