HR Advisor – (Hybrid-Remote)
Head Office - Vancouver
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Grid 23)
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is a large not-for-profit agency that serves some of the most vulnerable people in our communities from Vancouver to Hope. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities. Our strong agency values of advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being guide us in our work with participants and how we support our diverse staff. We place a high value on work-life balance. This is demonstrated through our compensation and comprehensive/fully employer-paid benefits package, including extended health and dental, sick leave, Municipal Pension, and flexible work options for many positions. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program, including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who care for the people we serve.
What do we offer you?
- Competitive compensation
- Work-life balance – 35-hour work week including the option of hybrid-remote Earned day off program and flexible work arrangements where operationally possible
- Wellness – 3 weeks’ vacation to start, 5 personal days per year, paid time off for special occasions such as weddings or the birth of a child
- Health and wellness – comprehensive benefits that are 100% employer-paid
- Retirement benefits - Municipal Pension Plan
- Career development – ongoing learning, leadership development, and education development program
- Diversity and Inclusion - an environment that values diversity and promotes staff involvement
We are looking for a self-motivated and collaborative HR Advisor to join our team! Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Advisor is a new role which has been created to work collaboratively with the Human Resources Team and the Leadership Team to support the provision of effective and efficient human resources activities. The Human Resources Advisor position provides support to staff and leadership, maintains confidential information, and resolves sensitive issues in a timely manner. This position requires a sound understanding of human resources operations, applicable legislation, leaves management, team building, cultural sensitivity, and service evaluation. The ideal candidate would be an experienced HR professional who understand is values driven, authentic, has the ability to build trust, and to make connections. If that sounds like you and you are open-minded, responsive, and up for the challenge of support a diverse team of 300+ plus staff, apply today.
- HR Advising- provide subject matter expertise on HR legislation, benefits, and disability
- Supervision – provide coaching and leadership to the HR & Benefits
- Strategic Planning - be involved in strategic planning for human resources, use data and information to identify opportunities to improve internal processes.
- Disability Management – collaborate with the HR team to support claims process, complex disability claims, and work with leaders to support return to work plans.
- Performance Management – using a coaching approach, support leaders with challenging staff performance concerns. Support the investigation process when needed.
- Recruitment – support the HR onboarding and recruitment Assist with drafting job postings and descriptions, support leaders with interview and recruitment process as needed.
- Training and Development – work with Learning and Development Coordinator to determine required training for staff, identify gaps in learning, coordinate and facilitate new hire orientation.
- Policies – support annual HR policy review, assist in writing new HR policies for the
- HR Systems – utilize the HRMS and applicant tracking systems to guide decision and make recommendations and reports for senior leadership team.
- Committee involvement – as an HR Advisor sit on both internal and external
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, combined with at least five (5) years’ experience in a leadership or advisory role. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- A thorough knowledge of HR legislation such as: Employment Standards Act, Workers Compensation Act, Human Rights Act, and PIPA.
- Demonstrated ability to coach employees with challenging HR
- Effective team building and mentoring
- Ability to use discretion while handling confidential
- Excellent time management skills: ability to balance multiple, often conflicting
- Criminal Record Check, including the vulnerable sector
- Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid19
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- CPHR designation is an
- Non-profit experience
Salary Range: $34.96/hour – $38.45/hour, plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: Open Until filled
Offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at email@example.com. Personal information will be kept confidential."