Broadway Youth Resource Centre - Vancouver
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Grid 9)
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is a large not-for-profit agency that serves some of the most vulnerable people in our communities from Vancouver to Hope. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities. Our strong agency values of advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being guide us in our work with participants and how we support our diverse staff. We place a high value on work-life balance. This is demonstrated through our compensation and comprehensive/fully employer-paid benefits package, including extended health and dental, sick leave, Municipal Pension, and flexible work options for many positions. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program, including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who care for the people we serve.
PCRS requires experienced program assistant who will work primarily to support staff, partners, and participants at the Broadway Youth Resource Centre. Located in East Vancouver, this site is a multi- service; multi-agency program serving youth ages 12-24 from across the Lower Mainland. The successful applicant will have experience working within a diverse environment and a genuine interest in working at a youth specific site. They are responsible for creating a warm and inviting atmosphere for youth and service providers. The candidate will have excellent customer service skills and telephone manner and experience with a busy multi-line phone system. This role requires exceptional attention to detail, adaptability, strong time management skills, and an individual who is comfortable with frequent changes as well as awareness of the population of youth accessing the center or openness to learning.
- Provide reception to youth and service providers at the site.
- Data entry and desktop publishing.
- Assist youth to connect with the right service on site.
- Reconcile petty cash.
- Manage on site bookings.
- Respond to general email inquiries and other duties as assigned.
- Data entry and data collection and reporting
- Participation in Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Ensuring documentation upload to various committee SharePoint sites
- Minute taking
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- A minimum of three years administrative experience is required. Experience with youth or mental health services is an asset. As English skills for proof-reading are essential, a second language is an asset.
- Advanced computer skills are essential; the successful applicant will be proficient in MSWord, Excel, Outlook, and desktop publishing. Experience publishing newsletters through platforms such as Mail Chimp is an asset.
- Criminal Record Check, including the vulnerable sector
- Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid19
- Familiarity with resources across the Lower Mainland
- Brief intervention training
- Solution-focused counselling
- Addiction counselling training
- Mental health training
- Sexual abuse training
- Depression/suicide/co-occurring disorder training
Manager, Broadway Youth Resource Centre
Salary Range: $24.27 per hour - $25.30 per hour, plus a comprehensive benefits package
Closing Date: Friday, July 29, 2022, at 4:30pm
Offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at email@example.com. Personal information will be kept confidential."