Traverse Program - Chilliwack
Auxiliary (Grid 3)
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is a large not-for-profit agency that serves some of the most vulnerable people in our communities from Vancouver to Hope. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities. Our strong agency values of advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being guide us in our work with participants and how we support our diverse staff. We place a high value on work-life balance. This is demonstrated through our compensation and comprehensive/fully employer-paid benefits package, including extended health and dental, sick leave, Municipal Pension, and flexible work options for many positions. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program, including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who care for the people we serve.
The auxiliary housekeeper works as part of a large multi-disciplinary team that provides treatment for substance use for youth (13-18) in a residential setting. The team works within the strategic objectives of Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) to ensure the provision of effective and efficient services to our participants. As a member of the team, the housekeeper performs a variety of cleaning duties to ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of participant rooms and communal areas.
- Perform a variety of cleaning duties such as washing and disinfecting areas, dusting, polishing, vacuuming, sweeping, wet mopping and shampooing to ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of resident rooms and communal areas.
- Perform a variety of duties related to laundry including changing linens in rooms, laundering soiled linens, laundering participant clothing, ensuring all laundry is disinfected through the wash procedure and organizing and maintaining required homemaking supplies and laundry areas.
- Order and maintain inventory of PCRS approved cleaning supplies; work with PCRS approved vendors.
- Report any damage or areas requiring janitorial or maintenance attention to the Manager and/or program administrator
- Participate as a team member with other staff to ensure a safe and caring environment.
- Observe participants and their environment to ensure their safety; report unsafe conditions, incidents and/or behaviours.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Minimum of Grade 12 education, plus one year of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Suitable to work with youth experiencing multiple challenges.
- Experience working in a residential setting.
- Experience creating and working within a culturally inclusive environment for staff, partners, and participants.
- Criminal Record Check, including the vulnerable sector
- Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid 19
- Tuberculosis screening and medical clearance
- Current Standard First Aid certificate
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Computer skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) is an asset
Manager, Traverse Program
Salary Range: $19.36/hour – $20.17/hour, plus 10% in lieu of benefits
Closing Date: Open until filled
Offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at email@example.com. Personal information will be kept confidential."