Licensed Practical Nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse
Traverse Program - Chilliwack
Regular Part Time (Grid 23)
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is a large not-for-profit agency that serves some of the most vulnerable people in our communities from Vancouver to Hope. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities. Our strong agency values of advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being guide us in our work with participants and how we support our diverse staff. We place a high value on work-life balance. This is demonstrated through our compensation and comprehensive/fully employer-paid benefits package, including extended health and dental, sick leave, Municipal Pension, and flexible work options for many positions. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program, including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who care for the people we serve.
PCRS requires a term part time experienced licensed practical nurse to work at the Traverse Program in Chilliwack, BC. The nurse will work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team that provides treatment for substance use for youth ages 13-18 in a residential setting. The nurse will coordinate primary health care services, provide basic care services to youth, and engage in continuous review of. Core responsibilities will include assisting in providing basic care and medical support to youth on-site; participating in the intake assessment and planning for each youth; supporting the medication management system; dispensing medication; promote the maintenance and restoration of health; provide information on prevention and treatment by assessing health status; planning, implementation & evaluation of interventions with the staff, pharmacist &/or psychiatrist.
Other duties include maintenance of participant health records and files, providing medication administration training to staff, attendance at intake and transition meetings and other related duties. Adherence to standards of professional practice and the ability to work independently within a team framework is essential.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Current practicing registration with the BCCNM
- Graduation from a recognized diploma or bachelors level program in Nursing
- One (1) year of recent, related nursing experience in substance use and mental health care setting, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Criminal records check including the vulnerable sector
- Tuberculosis and medical clearances
- Must be a member in good standing with the BCCNM
- First aid and basic CPR certification
- Class 5 Driver License and submission of a Driver’s Abstract
- Sound judgment, tact, and effective interpersonal skills
- Experience with high-risk youth and young adults
- Sound knowledge of adolescent development and addictions
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledgeable with Opiate Agonist Therapy
Jutta Wykpis, Manager of Traverse
Salary Range: $36.80/hour – $38.45/hour, plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: Open until filled
Offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal information will be kept confidential."