Youth Housing Worker
Surrey Youth Housing Service
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Grid 13)
**Flexible hours may be required (includes evenings & weekends)
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is a large not-for-profit agency that serves some of the most vulnerable people in our communities from Vancouver to Hope. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities. Our strong agency values of advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being guide us in our work with participants and how we support our diverse staff. We place a high value on work-life balance. This is demonstrated through our compensation and comprehensive/fully employer-paid benefits package, including extended health and dental, sick leave, Municipal Pension, and flexible work options for many positions. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program, including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who care for the people we serve.
PCRS is seeking an experienced Youth Housing Worker in Surrey. The successful applicant will be a Surrey Youth Services team member based out of the Surrey Youth Hubs. The Worker will provide one-to-one case management, skill development and recreation opportunities to diverse youth residing in co-ed homes operated by PCRS. The successful applicant will also provide housing search and support to youth seeking housing in the community. This position involves developing relationships with youth and liaising with professionals such as social workers, school personnel, and community staff. Staff in PCRS housing programs support youth when they move, so the successful applicant will be physically able to help young people move small items. The applicant will be passionate and experienced in working with youth who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in the Surrey area. Youth Housing workers provide housing search support, moving assistance, landlord advocacy, and mediation to support youth to find, secure and move into safe and affordable long-term housing.
The applicant will enjoy working a flexible schedule and hours, including afternoons, evenings, and the occasional weekend.
• Provide case management
• Provide housing support to youth, including housing searches and moving assistance.
• Maintain accurate case notes and reports.
• Facilitate positive relationships between youth and landlords.
• Create and support service plans and connect youth to resources in the community.
• Provide outreach support to participants in the community. Use of the personal vehicle is required (mileage is paid).
Academic and Job Experience Required:
• B.A. or a degree in a related field plus one (1) years' experience; OR Diploma in a related field plus (2) years of related experience. A combination of experience and education may be considered.
• Demonstrated experience working with vulnerable, at-risk and homeless youth
• Strong administrative skills, including experience with writing case notes and data collection
• Experience and knowledge of the trauma-informed practice
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated experience with case management
• Criminal Record Check, including the vulnerable sector
• Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid19
• Standard first-aid certificate and CPR
• Driver's Abstract
• Class 5 Driver's License with Business Insurance Use
• Use of own vehicle required. Paid mileage
Associate Manager, Surrey Youth Services
Hours of work: Flexibility mandatory, some evenings and weekend work will be required. Core hours of Monday to Friday 11am-7pm subject to program needs
Salary Range: $27.26/hour – $28.43/hour, plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at email@example.com. Personal information will be kept confidential."