Broadway Youth Resource Centre - Vancouver
Aux (Grid 9)
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is a large not-for-profit agency that serves some of the most vulnerable people in our communities from Vancouver to Hope. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities. Our strong agency values of advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being guide us in our work with participants and how we support our diverse staff. We place a high value on work-life balance. This is demonstrated through our compensation and comprehensive/fully employer-paid benefits package, including extended health and dental, sick leave, Municipal Pension, and flexible work options for many positions. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program, including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who care for the people we serve.
The Broadway Youth Resource Centre (BYRC), located in Vancouver, BC is currently looking for an Auxiliary Cook to support the kitchen program. We are seeking someone who has strong food service experience and is familiar with and interested in working with youth ages 13-24. In addition, this position may include one to two (1- 2) hours of vegetable garden maintenance weekly.
1) Provide a healthy, nutritious meal for youth:
- Work independently to create a hot meal for between 30-60 youth, 2 days/week
- Regularly allocate Greater Vancouver Food Bank donations to create weekly “Fresh Kits” to supply to youth.
- Plan menus and manage kitchen inventory to the standards of the Food Security Supervisor
2) Support the BYRC team in day-to-day operations of the food program:
- Work alongside youth workers to distribute food with a youth-centered approach
- Support the training of youth and volunteers in basic kitchen skills
- Assist Youth in maintaining Community Garden program – tend to keep the lot free of weeds and plant new product for upcoming seasons
3) Maintain the health and safety of the kitchen:
- Perform a variety of cleaning duties throughout the shift
- Support the food-safe environment of the food programs
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Professional Cook Level One- or Two-Years’ experience in a commercial kitchen
- Combined one-year experience working with vulnerable populations
- Criminal Record Check, including the vulnerable sector
- Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid 19
- Standard first-aid certificate and CPR
- Food Safe Level 1
- Knowledge of local cultural foods from Coast Salish territories
- Knowledge of gardening procedures
- Experience with incorporating diverse cultural foods into menus
Salary Range: $24.27/hour – $25.30/hour, plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal information will be kept confidential."