Overnight Awake Youth Support Worker
Overnight Awake Youth Support Worker
Traverse Program - Chilliwack
6 Months Term (40 hours/week) (Grid 13)
** Flexible Hours may be required
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is a large not-for-profit agency that serves some of the most vulnerable people in our communities from Vancouver to Hope. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities. Our strong agency values of advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being guide us in our work with participants and how we support our diverse staff. We place a high value on work-life balance. This is demonstrated through our compensation and comprehensive/fully employer-paid benefits package, including extended health and dental, sick leave, Municipal Pension, and flexible work options for many positions. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program, including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who care for the people we serve.
The YSW overnight awake person works as part of a large multi-disciplinary team that provides treatment for substance use for youth (13-18) in a residential setting. The team works within the strategic objectives of the Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) to ensure the provision of effective and efficient services to our participants. As a member of the treatment team, the YSW will utilize trauma-informed practice to assist the day treatment program as needed to provide basic care, case planning and support. The overnight awake support worker will work shifts from late evening until early morning, from Sunday to Thursday or Saturday to Tuesday.
- Provide basic care and nurturing, set reasonable expectations and limits to support the achievement of identified goals for participants.
- Support individual treatment plans through trauma-informed practice.
- Ensure the safety of participants by monitoring security cameras, hallways, and overall site.
- Document and case note interactions with youth
- Dispense medication in accordance with medical direction
- Light dorm and building cleaning (list provided by supervisor).
- Administrative filing, reports and statistics as assigned.
- Collaborate with the team to facilitate the management of cases; coordinate care using a supportive case management approach within the principles of harm reduction.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and staff, and participate in team efforts
- Other related duties as required
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated discipline plus one years’ direct experience or Child and Youth Care Diploma, Child, and Youth Justice Diploma, Community Social Services Diploma plus two years’ experience.
- A sound understanding is required regarding the impact of trauma, both normal and delayed or problematic development behaviors and barriers, impulsivity, attachment issues, FASD, ADHD, the effects of abuse and how this relates to substance abuse
- Criminal Record Check, including the vulnerable sector
- Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid19
- Current standard first aid certificate & CPR
- Class 5 Driver’s license with business use insurance
- Use of own vehicle required (Mileage is paid)
- Driver’s abstract
YSW Team Leader Traverse Program
Salary Range: $27.26/hour – $28.43/hour, plus term benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: Friday, May 27, 2022, at 4:30pm
Offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal information will be kept confidential."