Youth Transition Worker
Youth Transition Worker
Transition to Adulthood Program - Vancouver
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Grid 13)
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is a large not-for-profit agency that serves some of the most vulnerable people in our communities from Vancouver to Hope. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities. Our strong agency values of advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being guide us in our work with participants and how we support our diverse staff. We place a high value on work-life balance. This is demonstrated through our compensation and comprehensive/fully employer-paid benefits package, including extended health and dental, sick leave, Municipal Pension, and flexible work options for many positions. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program, including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who care for the people we serve.
Pacific Community Resources Society requires an experienced Youth Transition Worker for the Vancouver Transition to Adulthood Program. The successful applicant will be part of an integrated youth services team providing support to at-risk youth at Broadway Youth Resource Centre. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
The BYRC Transition to Adulthood program supports youth 19 years of age and under in the foster care system. Transition workers provide one to one support to program participants as they prepare the exit the foster care system. The successful applicant will be responsible for the management of their caseload within the program team. The core role is to provide individual support for youth to assist them in a successful transition to independent living when they exit foster care. The Transition worker will also facilitate workshops for the youth on the team’s caseload and those who access the BYRC drop in hours
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Applicants should possess a B.A. or a degree in a related field (Social Work, Child, & Youth Care). A combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Proven ability to facilitate workshops that provide life skills, employment readiness, and skills for independent living.
- Proven ability to work with youth who experience challenges such as substance use and mental health concerns and youth leaving the foster care system.
- Criminal Record Check, including the vulnerable sector
- Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid19
- Standard first-aid certificate and CPR
- Experience working with multi-barriered youth from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working with youth dealing with mental health and addictions challenges.
- Sound judgement and effective interpersonal skills.
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong understanding of non-binary gender representations, expressions, and identities.
- Strong understanding of Aboriginal culture and impacts of colonialism, racism, and oppression.
- Strong understanding of the foster care and other child welfare systems.
- Certificate of completion for nonviolent crisis intervention or similar program.
- Valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle will be an asset.
BYRC Associate Manager
Salary Range: $27.26/hour – $28.43/hour, plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: Open until filled
Offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal information will be kept confidential."