Housing Support Facilitator
Housing Support Facilitator
Chilliwack Health & Housing Centre
Regular Part-Time (21 hours/week) (Grid 13)
**Potential for up to 35 hours a week
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is a large not-for-profit agency that serves some of the most vulnerable people in our communities from Vancouver to Hope. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities. Our strong agency values of advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being guide us in our work with participants and how we support our diverse staff. We place a high value on work-life balance. This is demonstrated through our compensation and comprehensive/fully employer-paid benefits package, including extended health and dental, sick leave, Municipal Pension, and flexible work options for many positions. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who care for the people we serve.
The Housing Support Facilitator is a member of the Chilliwack Housing Hub team and is responsible for the case management and support of participants placed in either direct-rent or supportive-housing tenancies. The Housing Hub team works with landlords and property owners/managers to provide individuals who may have difficulty securing housing access to safe, affordable, and secure housing.
The Housing Support Facilitator understands the housing situation in Chilliwack and the specific service providers involved in providing housing support to individuals at risk. The Housing Support Facilitator has expertise in community outreach and life-skills training and works flexible working hours to accommodate participants’ schedules.
- Maintain a Safe and Supportive Environment and Provide a High Standard of Basic Care
- Assist in the Completion of the Intake Process for Individuals Interested in the Program
- Assist Participants with Accessing Housing through Market Rental Units
- Provide Participants Personal Support through Weekly Home Visits, Developing Life Skills, Connecting to Wrap-Around Community Supports, and Addressing any Issues Related to Their Housing
- Contribute to Housing Hub Team Performance
- Performance of Duties in Accordance with Accepted Standards of Practice
Academic and Job Experience Required:
B.A. in a related field plus one-year related experience, or a two-year diploma in a related field plus two years’ experience, or a combination of related work experience/education with at-risk individuals.
- Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector
- Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid 19
- Driver’s license with business insurance use
- Use of own vehicle required. Paid mileage.
- Driver’s Abstract
- Sound judgement, effective interpersonal skills, excels in team environments
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written
- Current standard first aid certificate
- Previous residential experience
- Sexual abuse training
- Substance Use Training
- Motivational Interviewing Training
- Knowledge of trauma-informed practice and strengths-based approaches to participant support
- Other skills/certification in recreation, arts, or maintenance
Graham McMahon, Coordinator, Housing Hub Program
Jodi Higgs, Manager, Chilliwack Health, and Housing Centre
Salary Range: $27.26/hour – $28.43/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: Friday May 20, 4.30 p.m.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at email@example.com. Personal information will be kept confidential."