Surrey Youth Services – Newton Youth Hub - Surrey
Regular Full-Time (35 hours/week) (Grid 23)
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is a large not-for-profit agency that serves some of the most vulnerable people in our communities from Vancouver to Hope. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities. Our strong agency values of advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being guide us in our work with participants and how we support our diverse staff. We place a high value on work-life balance. This is demonstrated through our compensation and comprehensive/fully employer-paid benefits package, including extended health and dental, sick leave, Municipal Pension, and flexible work options for many positions. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who care for the people we serve.
The Associate Manager aims to carry out the strategic objectives of Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) to ensure the provision of effective and efficient services to our participants. Reporting to the Manager of Surrey Youth Services – South, the Associate Manager fosters and influences the agency’s relationships with funders, community partners, agency staff, volunteers and participants. This position provides leadership and operational supervision of several different programs within Surrey Youth Services and is the primary lead for Surrey’s federal and provincial housing contracts. The Associate Manager is responsible for creating the tone and culture of a welcoming, safe, inclusive and vibrant centre for youth to access the supports and services they need to achieve their goals. This position requires a sound understanding of service operations, applicable legislation, staff leadership, advocacy, team building, contract management, culture sensitivity, and service evaluation. As the successful applicant will have oversite of Surrey’s housing programs, experience and knowledge of youth housing is required. The successful applicant will have a sound understanding of budget management of federal contracts. They will also have a flexible schedule that includes on-call, evening and weekend work hours.
- Support the Surrey Youth Services Managers in the development/operations of programs and services.
- Supervise and support housing direct care teams including Semi-independent living on-call support and the seasonal launch, operation and support of the PCRS Youth Extreme Weather Shelter.
- Hire, on-board, lead, supervise, and mentor staff and support the Surrey Youth Services Managers to build strong, engaged, collaborative and effective teams that complement each other.
- Ensure overall operations meet performance standards and contract outcomes.
- Work within applicable Act/Regulations and roles of government and funders.
- Identify, address and resolve issues related to policy, service provision, and facilities.
- Support a trauma informed, diverse and inclusive environment.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and supervisors.
- Maintain effective and appropriate relationships with funders, partner service delivery organizations, government officials, volunteers, and community groups.
- Participate on internal/external committees and develop community networks relevant to managed services.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, combined with at least two (2) years’ experience in a leadership position.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in staff leadership, supervision, and program budgeting specifically with Federal contracts.
- Experience in the youth housing field.
- Extensive experience working with target population.
- Experience creating and working within a culturally inclusive environment for staff, partners, and participants.
- Effective team building and mentoring skills.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills: ability to balance multiple, often conflicting priorities.
- Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector
- Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid19
- Current Standard First Aid certificate
- Class 5 Driver’s License with Business Use Insurance
- Use of own vehicle required (Mileage is paid)
- Driver’s abstract
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekend
Manager, Surrey youth Service - South
Salary Range: $36.80/hour – $38.45/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: May 20, 2022, at 4.00 p.m.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal information will be kept confidential."