Team Lead - Dewy
Day/Evening/Weekend for Youth (DEWY) – Surrey, BC
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Grid 28)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
The DEWY Team Lead oversees a Day Program addressing substance use issues for young people (aged 13 – 18) residing within the Fraser Health region catchment area. The program aims to support participants in enhancing skills to address issues in their life impacted by their substance use. The program involves a number of components (recreation/group counselling/support), employing a recovery orientation in assisting with community connection and skill enhancement. The Team Lead facilitates the group counselling component of the program, supervises services provided by Youth Addiction Counsellors in the recreational and alumni components, and provides some individual counselling to support the group component. Upon occasion, the Team Led will also support evening and weekend programming.
The Team Lead oversees all participants' referral, orientation, intake, service planning, and discharge processes. Also provides direct supervision to other team members, including professional development and annual appraisal activities. The position requires a sound understanding of substance use recovery-oriented models, normal and delayed or problematic development and behaviour, barriers to support, addictions theory, motivational theory, cultural safety practices and the effects of trauma and abuse. Specific skills in physical and recreational activities and life skills instruction are an asset.
1) Coordinates all program components within a team-based framework
2) Provides group and individual counselling services
3) Oversees program services provided by other team members
4) Develops and maintains effective relationships with stakeholders
5) Maintains Administrative Policies
6) Maintains Health and Safety policies and standards
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- M.A. Counselling or MSW, or Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline, combined with clinical counselling and leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting teams in counselling roles, supervision, and fiscal management.
- Eligible to be registered with or currently registered with a clinical body such as the B.C. Association of Clinical Counsellors, Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association, or the British Columbia College of Social Workers, and experience working with children and adolescents.
- Sound judgement and effective interpersonal skills
- Clear communication skills, verbal and written
- Trauma-and-resiliency informed practice and suicide intervention training
- Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
- Standard first-aid certificate and CPR
- Substance Abuse/Addictions Counselling Training
- Valid Driver's License, Use of own vehicle (Business Insurance and $3 Million Liability) with reimbursement
- Basic Computer Skills
- Registration with a clinical body such as the B.C. Association of Clinical Counsellors or Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association and experience working with children and adolescents.
- Other certification in Recreation or Arts
- Manager, Substance Use and Mental Health – Fraser Region
Salary Range: $40.36/hour – $44.89/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: December 30, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Offer of employment is conditional upon applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities."