Youth Support Worker Team Lead
Traverse Program - Chilliwack
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Flexible Hours may be required) (Grid 18)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program, including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
The Youth Support Worker (YSW) Team Lead aims to carry out the strategic objectives of the Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) to ensure the provision of effective and efficient services to participants and staff at the Traverse Youth Substance Use Treatment Centre. Working alongside the second YSW team lead, this position provides leadership and direction to the YSW team and fosters and supports participants' access to services. This position requires a sound understanding of management, culture sensitivity, and service evaluation. The YSW team leads together will support a shift of youth support workers and work within a 24/7 staffing model that promotes a trauma-informed environment to ensure participant and staff safety and balance.
- Support service delivery, programming and the operational direction of the program, including being available to cover staff shifts when needed.
- Lead, hire, onboard, supervise and mentor staff and volunteers.
- Utilize an on-call list to ensure afternoon programming is fully staffed.
- Demonstrate and understand contract parameters and complete funder reporting requirements to ensure contract obligations, targets, and quality assurance are being met.
- In partnership with Manager, explore and pursue opportunities for partnerships, and develop proposals for service expansion, renewal, and development.
- Participate in committees, working groups, and associations; and develop community networks relevant to managed services.
- Understand and apply the PCRS's policies and procedures. Identify, address and resolve issues related to policy, service provision, and facilities where applicable.
- Work within applicable Act/Regulations and roles of government and funders.
- Respond to participant complaints and address concerns through identified complaint procedures.
- Provide support to participant's families
Academic and Job Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, combined with at least five (5) years' experience in a leadership position. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
Demonstrated competence in program management, supervision, personnel management,fiscal management and budgeting
- Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector
- Tuberculosis and medical clearance
- Current Standard First Aid certificate
- Class 5 Driver's License with Business Use Insurance
- Use of own vehicle required (Mileage is paid)
- Driver's abstract
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Manager, Traverse Program
Salary Range: $28.35 per hour - $32.34 per hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
"PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities."