Employability Skills Coach/Facilitator -WorkBC
Project Based Labour Market Training Program - Surrey
Term Full Time (35 hours/week)( Nine Months ) (Grid 13)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program, including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
The PCRS Employability Skills Coach/Facilitator position will work in partnership with PICS and Heritage Community College to deliver the Health Care Assistant to Project Based Labour Market Training(PBLMT) program. The Employability Skills Coach/Facilitator will engage in the entire recruitment process, including liaising with staff from WorkBC, Heritage Community College and PICS, and will provide participants with mentorship during training to ensure a solid grasp of the curriculum, address any language barriers or learning issues to support participants being successful in the project. The role will be responsible for networking with supervisors to support job-ready immigrant clients' placement in work placements that best suit client needs, abilities, and employment goals. The role will support participants in a successful transition from unemployment to full-time employment and/or improved employability.
Employability Skills Coach/Facilitator Core Duties:
- Recruit qualified candidates that meet all participant project requirements as well as program entrance requirements
- To provide each participant with ongoing Training/ Work Experience Coaching
- Conduct employability skills workshops via in-person or online format
- Provide immigrant participants with mentorship during training to ensure a solid grasp of the curriculum, address any language barriers or learning issues to support immigrants being successful in the project
- Review participant's employment goals and identify potential employer connections for workplace experience placement
- Support participants and Practicum supervisors through the onboarding process and provide coaching as needed
- Facilitate work experience evaluation process and support negotiation of employment offers
- Follow up with clients to confirm employment outcome
- Conduct public relations and marketing of the program
- Liaise with local WorkBC staff, Heritage Community College staff, work experience host organization staff and employers
- Conduct special project contributions and other duties as assigned
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Minimum three years of direct experience coaching clients, facilitating career development and job search workshops
- Minimum educational requirements: either Bachelor Degree or 2-year Diploma in career counselling or adult education combined with relevant work experience
- Familiarity with online and cloud-based communication platforms (e.g., M.S. Teams, Zoom, GoToMeeting)
- Knowledge of employment barriers and experience working with immigrant clients
- Ability to provide employment counselling to diverse socio-economic client populations
- Strong knowledge of business structures and recruitment issues faced by organizations
- Proven experience developing productive, professional relationships with clients and employers
- Demonstrated experience marketing services to employers to garner labour market information, generate job leads, and create work experience placements
An equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
- Criminal record checks, including the vulnerable sector.
- Knowledge of the local labour market and trends.
- M.S. Office and overall computer proficiency including data administration
Salary Range: $24.49/hour – $27.87/hour, Plus term benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: Open until filled
"PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities."